Volunteers and stallholders are being urged to get involved with Grangetown’s second street market – with the date set for Saturday 2nd December.
The pre-Christmas market will be ideal for those wanting craft/gifts for Christmas – so expect the sound of sleigh bells!
There was a good attendance and also a positive reaction to the first Grangetown World Market in July, with its mix of craft, food and clothing stalls, using the St Patrick’s school car park. We’re delighted our arrangement with St Pat’s is set to continue!
For the next market, the next volunteers meeting has been organised for Monday 30th October 6:30pm, Grange Pavilion – newcomers welcome! The market relies on local residents to help organise it, as well as helping out on the day.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help or are interested in a stall. The cost is £20 (£40 for a hot food stall). We have a few more places but these are already limited so please get in touch as soon as possible.
Top image: Queen Niche Arts. Photo: Keith Hursthouse. Above: Grangetown tote bags for sale.
There has been a fantastic response too, to a survey by MSc Marketing students held at the last market, which revealed a strong support for the concept of the market and its connection with the “Shop Local” principle.
There is a hope of adding more stalls to the list – after the success of last time.
These local businesses supported the market last time and you can shop with them online:
- Vibe Attire – a new start-up clothing brand from a young, budding Grangetown entrepreneur.
- Ffwrnes Pizza – a popular Cardiff-based wood-fire pizza pop-up
- Sweet Treets Cardiff – milkshakes, novelty lollipops, chocolate marshmallows
- Anna Palamar – Cardiff-based designs – clothing and bags, inspired by flower, animals and nature.
- Divine Beauty – a great Grangetown fashion and beauty shop will be selling shuits, dressers and slippers at half price; also doing henna tattoos
- Queen Niche Arts – a new Grangetown fashion/design brand – unique work, you’ll love
- Lolo’s Cake Away – another Grangetown business, with scrumptious cakes – who cater for all sorts of occasions, a chance to try them out on our Taste of Grangetown stall!
- One Unity Clothing – a new Cardiff designer brand, with an Arabic theme and a message of peace and harmony.
- Coffee2Go – the Cardiff man on a bike who is taking the taste of coffee up a gear!
- Spicers Meat Wagon – BBQ food with a twist!
- The Soap Slice – lovely choice of soaps, the perfect affordable gifts – or just to treat yourself!
- Ameow Designs – hand-made glass jewellery inspired by flowers and nature