The latest Grangetown World Market – with more stalls – takes place in St Patrick’s school car park on Saturday 2nd December (11am-3pm).
It is the perfect place for a Christmas gift from our craft and fashion stalls; there are some lovely baking and sweet products to take home. And why not have a bite to eat – with some gourmet street food – award-winning pizza, burgers, Malaysian or vegetarian Indian food?
The market is being held at St Patrick’s school carpark, between Havelock Street and Lucknow Street – a 2 minute walk from Clare Road and Penarth Road shopping district.
The stalls line-up (updated Friday 1st December):
- Ameow Designs Original, hand-crafted jewellery including real flowers and inspired by nature, and gifts.
- Anna Palamar Designs Original designs, prints, crafts – another Cardiff treasure.
- Queen Niche – locally-based hand-drawn designs inspired by nature and animals on T-shirts, cards, bags.
- Martin Avery Silversmith Silver jewellery – perfect gifts from original designer
- Precious As A Pearl handcrafted pieces with pearl as the recurring theme
- K A ArtiFacts – frames and gifts
- Whoops A Daisy Daze
- Divine Beauty – Grangetown-based Asian fashions and beauty business.
- Welsh Baby Gros – Welsh-language baby gros!
HOT FOOD AND DRINK
- Cavalier Cwtch – Malaysian hot food.
- Coffee2Go – Brews on the move – coffee, hot choc and speciality teas on a trike
- Ffwrnes Pizza award-winning wood-fired pizza in a Neopolitan style – just voted the best in Wales!
- Killins Kitchen – proper, gourmet burgers
- Vegetarian Food Studio – Known far and wide for their vegan and vegetarian food, a pop-up from their usual base in Penarth Road, bringing chana masala curry, and peas and potato curry and rice, vegetable samosas and more.
FOOD TO TAKE HOME/BAKING /SWEETS etc:
- Real Fudge
- Your Indulgence – locally-made chocolate brownies etc, a real treat to take home!
- Pettigrew Bakery
- Ty Paned – Lovely Christmas cakes, puddings, mince pies, biscotti, truffles – there may be a match on later but this is the real bread of heaven.
- Love Grangetown, Shop Grangetown – project stall, also selling Grangetown branded tote bags and badge-making. Plus sign up for a TramshedStudio free yoga session later in the afternoon!
- Eistedfodd Cardiff 2018 – raising money for next year’s National Eisteddfod in Cardiff Bay
- St Patrick’s RC Primary School PTA – including picture booth.
The market will also feature some live music, to get you in the shopping mood!
There is also a health and winter fayre at the adjoining Grange Medical Centre (Bishop Street) – which will include health-related stalls and activities.
Plus The Grange pub will be showing the Wales v South Africa match, with live music later.
The market is close to the No 8 and No 9 bus route (Clare Road and Penarth Road), Grangetown railway station and is a 15 minute walk from the city centre; parking will be for traders only.
Main photos: Keith Hursthouse.