Grangetown World Market has unveiled its line-up for its spring event on Saturday 10th March (11am-3pm).
The seasonal market – part of the Grangetown shop local project – brings together local crafts-makers and designers, fashions, as well as street food and also some lovely cakes and bakes to take home too.
With Mother’s Day on the Sunday, Easter just around the corner, it’s a great opportunity to buy some gifts.
It will again be held at St Patrick’s RC Primary School carpark – right in the centre of Grangetown, within easy walking distance of the Clare Road and Penarth Road shopping district.
We will also have the RSPB Cymru bringing us nature activities – perfect for the kids and a chance to build a wildlife habitat in a neglected corner of the school grounds – and there will also be a chance to try the potter’s wheel with a ceramicist (sponsored by Taff Housing) and also a hook a duck game.
There will also be acoustic music from members of Art Bandini – top Welsh language band.
- Coffee 2 Go – simply the best local coffee on two wheels
- Ffwrnes Pizza – award-winning ,wood-fired pizza, perfect for the eve of the Wales v Italy game, what’s better than Neapolitan food with a Welsh twist?
- Pettigrew Bakery – fantastic pastries, rolls etc from wonderful local bakery
- Cavalier Cwtch Singapore noodles etc – a sell-out at our last market
- Women’s Connect First will be bringing samosas, spring rolls, bajees etc
- Sweet Treets – sweets stall with fresh hot chocolate pancakes, slush and milkshakes @SweetTreets1
- Fair Do’s Siopa Teg – it’s the end of Fair Trade fortnight, why not buy some Fair Trade chocolate/Easter eggs for Mother’s Day/Easter?
- Anna Palamar designs – always something new and lovely from local designer, with her own unique prints and gifts. Great to welcome back Anna again!
- Rhian Kaye Jewellery – new to the Market, another great option for Mother’s Day
- Precious As A Pearl – a welcome back to Pauline bringing some lovely jewellery.
- Tropic – skincare range and candles – fantastic again for Mum (or treat yourself too!)
- Carys Williams – Welsh language baby-gros.
- Sey Beaute Naturelle – natural beauty products
- Pedal Flower (Between 2-3pm – flowers on a bike, perfect for Mum or that special one!)
- Fine Art Prints – Melissa brings art
- St Patrick’s RC Primary School PTA
- Grangetown Local Business Forum will have copies of the newly-launched independent business map! And we hope to have a taste of local business to try…
The market is organised by volunteers – with the help of Riverside Community Markets.
The aim is to boost Grangetown as a place to shop, as well as showcasing independent traders and creative talent.
There was a terrific turn-out for the winter market, with craft and gift stalls, alongside food and fashion – with a particular Christmas-y feel to proceedings.
If you’d like to have a stall – or volunteer to help on the day – please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
+ We are also looking for a volunteer with an estate car/van who can lend a hand….