The next Grangetown World Market is set to take place on 1st December – just in time for some Christmas shopping.
There will be a line-up of crafts, designer gifts and food stalls in St Patrick’s School Carpark off Havelock Place (11am – 3pm).
There will also be a series of activities and music and the event will also tie up with Small Business Saturday UK – aimed at promoting local indie shops and businesses.
After the disappointment of the summer’s event being called off due to high winds, we’ve also taken the precaution of booking the nearby community room at the Hub as a stand-by in case the worst happens again!
So we’re covered – and importantly, so will you be!
Stalls confirmed so far include:
- Chilli of the Valley spice up your cooking with some hot sauces and pickles in time for the cold snap the Daily Express say is just around the corner!
- Coffee 2 Go – the best coffee and hot drinks on two wheels
- Rhian Kate Designs – beautiful jewellery, unique local designs
- Women Connect First with tasty and spicy food
- Sweet Box and Scents of Arabia
- Razana’s Perfume and Halal Sweets
- Mr Laverman – laverbread and other recipes – given them a delicious, modern, Asian-inspired twist
- Cater Nature –Tasty vegan treats for Christmas, featured in the upcoming Grangetown News
- PrithBArt locally-based artist Prith with her prints, portraits, landscapes and abstracts, which soothe, give energy and express your mood. She will be bringing lots of gorgeous original rings, pendants and prints – and if you like Frida Khalo, you must come!!
- Trash Chic – great T-shirts, designer socks and jewellery (pictured above). Really great to welcome this really cool and distinctive local designer.
- Knitted Items
- J&R Hampers Gifts and ready-wrapped
- Snuggly Squirrel Mainly knitted items, covered mugs, jewellery, coasters, Christmas tree decorations
- Discover The Severn – find out what the Severn estuary can offer in terms of walking and nature, on your doorstep.
- Upcycled Christmas Trees with Growing Street Talk
- Love Grangetown – some of the best local treats; plus our Love Grangetown tote bags are back! The Grangetown local business maps will also be available, on Small Business Saturday. You can also buy copies of the new local history book telling the story of the World War One in Grangetown, It Touched Every Street (£14.99).
- Grange Pavilion – find out more about the project to transform the Grange Gardens building.
- St Patrick’s RC School Parent Teacher Association – a stall selling Christmasy things – and where you can meet the PTA!
- Art Fandini – Christmas decorations – give your place the seasonal look
- To book a stall or to get involved/volunteer on the day, email firstname.lastname@example.org – and keep in touch with us on Twitter@GtownWM